- Elected Representatives
- City Council
- City Staff
- City Financials
- City Town Statistics
- Works Information
Aasthi (Property Tax)
The ULBs in Karnataka were following ARV system of property taxation. The government used to appoint Assessing officers, to carry out revision of assessment, once in five years. The property records were maintained in MAR- registers. The Assessing officers exercised considerable discretion in the revision of assessment. As the property tax details were maintained in hard copy form it was difficult for the ULBs to track the tax defaulters and to trace out un authorized and under taxed properties thus resulting into poor coverage of properties, low revenue and inefficient tax management system. The GoK, as part of its urban reforms process, introduced Capital Value Based property taxation system along with schematic GIS and MIS of all properties of urban areas
- To computerize the revenue department of ULB for efficient tax management.
- To put in place a GIS Based Property Tax Information System to streamline the process of property tax collection.
- To improve the record keeping of properties, increase the tax compliance rates and enable the ULB officials to make informed decisions.
- To maximize coverage by bringing unauthorized properties into tax net.
- To rationalize the property tax
- To bring transparency in property tax levy and collection.
- To augment the revenues of the ULB by improving the compliance rate
- Field survey of all the properties in the ULB
- Preparation of digitised ward maps with individual properties having a unique property ID Number
- Association with Survey of India (SoI ) for over seeing the survey work
- Streets and Properties in the ULB limits were surveyed
- Street naming, numbering and property numbering is carried out in a scientific manner.
- Property details like plinth area, building structure, built up area, ownership details, occupant details and tax details were captured as MIS database.
- Creation of sound database of all the properties
- To generate MIS reports at City, Ward, Street levels as decision support tools for the revenue department to analyse various properties Tax Payment.
- Automatic calculation of the property tax demand based on the CVS methods.
- Generation of bank deposit challans and the tax collection reports.
- Software to handle Office, bank and field payments, with the ability to integrate with credit card and ATM systems
- GIS enabled till property parcel level
Click here to go to Aasthi Application
This page is maintained by Ro And Designed By Junior Programmer B.Venkatesh.Last Updated Date : 12/11/2014.